Parmesan Pork Chops
1/2 kg pork chops or pork loin
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup dry breadcrumbs
salt and pepper
1. Cut chops or loin into 1 to 1.2 cm thick slices and tenderize with a meat mallet or cut criss-cross on both sides.
2. Mix the egg with the mustard, the cheese with the breadcrumbs.
3. Season chops with salt and pepper, then add egg mixture and mix well.
4. Coat chops with the breadcrumbs mixture and set in fridge.
5. Fry in hot oil. Good served with a tangy salad and mashed potatoes but not fries b/c that'll be too heavy and greasy altogether.
Tangy Tomato Salad
This is actually a bruschetta recipe but if you chop the ingredients like the tomatoes into bigger chunks its good as a salad.
4 ripe tomatoes, finely diced
1/4 cup fresh basil, cut into shreds
2 tablespoon finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Mix everything together, cover and leave in fridge till ready to eat. Pour away the liquid.
2. Serve with toasted bread (or just eat as a salad).
Crusty bread such as ciabatta or French bread, sliced
Extra virgin olive oil
Grated parmesan cheese
1. Mix oil and cheese, spread onto bread.
2. Toast till golden.
3. Enjoy with some chardonnay.