Friday, June 15, 2007

Come Eat With Us: Kwong Tung Chai

There's a Kwong Tung Chai (KTC) in every part of town, and the food is pretty consistent. Yesterday we went to the branch at Iramanis near Kolombong. I was very surprised with the sour soup (a brew of roasted duck necks and legs, local sour salted kale and chilies) which was not as greasy as I remember. It was sour, chili hot and very tasty. The roasted duck was good but the noodles were somewhat disappointing. I could smell a faint ammonia stink in it.

P1030662
Roasted meat

You pick the roasted meat topping you want on your noodles.

P1030652
Sour soup

A small serving is only RM2.00!

P1030661b
Roasted duck and pork with noodles

Only RM4.50 (US$1.30)...

KTC is only open for lunch. I would give a better rating if not for the noodles and the slightly uncomfortable feeling of eating a greasy meal. Maybe it's me. I'd give it 7/10.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...